Practicum Module (6 hours – 3 sessions X 2 hours each)
The practicum module, supported by the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), provides opportunities for artists to apply knowledge and skills they have acquired from the workshops in a classroom setting. In each session, artists will spend an hour interacting and teaching students with disabilities while supported by our trainer. Every session is followed by a debrief to reflect on key learning points.
By the end of the practicum, artists will be able to:
Reflect on success of strategies used in teaching and interacting with students with special needs
Review challenges when teaching and interacting with students with special needs
Develop an action plan focusing on areas for further development as art educators
Choose any set of practicum dates:
(Dates cannot be mixed across different sets)
Set OM/A: 26 February, 15 and 19 March 2021, 10.30 am to 12 noon (at Rainbow centre, OOSH, Margaret Drive)
Set OM/P: 26 February, 15 and 19 March 2021, 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm (at Rainbow centre, OOSH, Margaret Drive)
Set OY/A: 26 February, 15 and 18 March 2021, 10.30 am to 12 noon (at Rainbow centre, OOSH, Yishun Park)
Set OY/P: 26 February, 15 and 18 March 2021, 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm (at Rainbow centre, OOSH, Yishun Park)
Practicum Fee: $825.00 (before funding and before GST)
$247.50 (after e2i funding and before GST)
Click here to claim SkillsFuture credit. Claim period up to 31 March 2021.
Click here to register. Deadline for registration is 21 February 2021, 11.45 pm.
Terms and Conditions
1. Registrants are not confirmed until they receive a confirmation email from RCTC.
2. Only artists who have completed all three SSI-RCTC workshops are eligible to sign up for the practicum module. The SSI-RCTC workshops are “Understanding Children with Special Needs”, “Interacting and Working with Persons with Disabilities” and “Adapting Programmes for Persons with Disabilities”.
3. e2i Funding is for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents only. Artists must achieve at least 75% attendance to qualify for funding. 75% attendance is equivalent to 4.5 hours (out of 6 hours) in attendance.
4. e2i Funding is strictly on a reimbursement basis only. Artists are required to pay the full fee of $825 (before GST) during registration. Within SIX (6) months upon completion of practicum, participants must submit documentation of at least ONE (1) paid assignment that involved their working with persons with special needs to RCTC to facilitate funding reimbursement.
5. Documentation may be in the form of a pay slip from the organisation that the participant has worked with, invoices submitted to the organisation by the artist, or an official letter/memo/email from the department head (or equivalent) of the organisation, stating the date of engagement and the amount paid to the artist by the organisation.
6. If the artist has an agreement with the organisation not to receive payment for the work provided and treat this as a donation to the organisation, an official letter/memo/email from the department head (or equivalent) of the organisation stating such an agreement and the monetary value of the work provided must be submitted to RCTC.
7. All submissions of documentation to RCTC are to be sent to email@example.com.
8. Upon receiving such documentation, RCTC and/or e2i reserve the right to perform authentication with the organisation. Funding reimbursement of $577.50 will be made to the artist after authentication.
9. In the event no document is received from the artist within 6 months after completion of practicum, no funding reimbursement will be made.
This course is available for contextualisation to cater to organisation's needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgMore Information
VCF Funding is available for employees of NCSS Member Agencies and MSF-funded AgenciesMore Information
CTG Funding available for Parents and Caregivers of children with special needsMore Information
e2i funding available for *Singaporean and *Singapore Permanent Resident current employees of Student Care / Tuition Centres / Enrichment Centres or Social Service Organisations.More Information
For Non- Funded ParticipantsMore Information
For professionals working with children with special needs.More Information
e2i funding available for Singaporean and Singapore Permanent Resident current employees of Student Care / Tuition Centres / Enrichment Centres or Social Service Organisations.More Information
For Non-funded ParticipantsMore Information
For physiotherapists and occupational therapists working with persons with disabilities.More Information
All sessions are mandatory Oral Presentation to be made 5 months after the modules are completedMore Information
All Modules are compulsory.More Information
All Modules are compulsory, except the ones striked outMore Information
Workforce Singapore (WSG) Funding is applicable to Singaporeans and PR physiotherapists and occupational therapists, working with persons with disabilities.More Information
For Artists Working with Persons with Disabilities. Choose any one set of practicum dates.More Information
For RC Woodlands' Parents ONLY.More Information
All Modules are compulsory, except the ones struck outMore Information